Thursday, June 25, 2009

Walmart may bankrupt us...

Yesterday's grand total is pretty embarrassing: $347.37

Sadly, I only bought absolute necessities. Well, except for 3 magazines. But even subtracting the magazines (which were discounted because it's Walmart), that only saves $11.

The kinds of things I bought include: folding chairs, food products, small cleaning supplies, spray bottles for vanilla to keep the gnats away, citronella candles, paper plates and etc.

The most expensive thing I purchased was a $10 bag of dog food that I was actually pissed about because they were out of the normal size bag, which means in 2 weeks I'll be back at Walmart buying dog food again. Ugh.

I guess that's the whole point though, isn't it? That's how Walmart makes their money. You go in for bare necessities (and magazines) and even though each thing is relatively inexpensive by itself...you end up in the check out line w/ 95 items in your cart (yes, seriously. 95.) and there's no hope.

They actually had to check my DL and AMEX signatures against the one I signed on the computer screen because I spent "so much." PA-thetic.

I hope to God that I do not have to buy this much shit from Walmart for a looooooooong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment