Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Attention All Scrapbookers!

Thanks to my friend Rebecca at Better Life Bags, I learned about one of the coolest things I've ever seen online. 
All you scrapbookers out there know how time consuming and frustrating it can be to spend hours and hours writing captions by hand (or trying to remember what was going on in a photo you took 2 months ago and now have to write a caption for!) for all your scrapbook pages; not to mention how annoying it is as a digital scrapbooker to be stuck with your good friends Arial and Times New Roman on every project, rather than your own handwriting.

Enter Darcy Baldwin, "fontographer" at Sweet Shoppe Designs.  This woman is amazing!  She can take your handwriting and turn it into your very own font.  You can use it in Word, Blogger, Photoshop, Creative Memories and more!  There are several options to choose from, including print and cursive! 

I have always had TERRIBLE handwriting, both print and cursive, and therefore have developed my own brand of handwriting that I call "printive."  I wasn't sure whether "printive" would translate into a print or cursive style font from Darcy, so I emailed her to ask.  Darcy is so easy to work with!  She was so sweet and even offered to look at a few sentences ahead of time that I wrote out and scanned in.  Talk about personal attention!  So many times online businesses don't want to work with customizing and individualizing, but that is definitely not the case here! 

You can go here to see a sample of what Rebecca sent in and got back for her handwriting-into-font.

This is what I sent in:


And this is what I got back:




Pretty cool huh?


Here's a close up, side-by-side view of my handwriting compared to my new font:


It's not too late to give this as a Christmas present to all your scrapbook-loving friends and family! 


3 comments:

  1. hey! Sweet! You did it! Wasn't it awesome?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It is so cool! I had no idea there was such a thing until you posted it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing service, thank you so much for sharing it in your blog!!

    ReplyDelete