Wednesday, May 26, 2010

God Bless the Internet!

For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook or Twitter, my apologies for not posting these blogs I keep blathering about!  As I mentioned in the last blog, there is some kind of technology-busting cloud hovering over our house.  I thought perhaps the cloud burst because my car's bluetooth randomly started working again...and basically in the same fashion in which it stopped working.  I turned the car on one day and it didn't work.  A few days ago, I turned the car on and, much to my surprise it announced I had an incoming call--it worked!  I'm not getting my hopes up, but Honda is minus one unhappy customer for now! 

Of course, I'm not lucky enough for the cloud to have completely dissipated.  It's back again.  Yesterday we had more unexpected storms, and I came home to find the modem would not receive power...meaning the internet was out.  I called CenturyLink (could they change their damn name any more frequently?) and they informed me that someone would contact me within 24-48 hours to get it replaced.  I hung up and thought...48 hours (or potentially more, if they think they're going to schedule an appointment to bring me a modem) without internet?  No freaking way.  Say what you will about all the Gen Yers being technologically-dependent, but I really cannot fathom how people live without either the internet, a smart phone, an iPad...SOMETHING.  How do you check the weather if your satellite is out, you have no internet/phone/whatever and a bad storm's coming?  I honestly don't know what I would do.  Oh wait, yes I do.  I would FREAK.OUT.

This morning I decided that 14 hours w/o internet was long enough and I called the "local" CenturyLink office, 30 miles away, to see what I could do in the meantime.  They informed me that just like the previous 2 times our modem went to crap, I could just bring the dead one to their store and they'd swap it out for free.  God bless them! :)

I feel as though I have so much to discuss.  My mind is buzzing.  Last week I was a little sad because I felt like I didn't have much going on that was blog-worthy.  God laughed.  If it seems like I'm posting a lot in the next day or so, it's because I am!  But they're fun blogs, so check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    My name is Joey and I'm with CenturyLink. Sorry to read about the trouble you had with your DSL connection. Hopefully the new modem got it fixed for you. If you ever need my help please let me know. You can email me at Joey@CenturyLink.com, find me on Twitter, @CenturyLinkJoey, and we have a Facebook page also. Let us know what we can do to help! Thanks.

    Joey H
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach
    Reachout@CenturyLink.com

    ReplyDelete